file:///C:/Users/Tasha.Huebner/Desktop/google96fe44e4b6d98b3e.html

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Another data point

So this past Tuesday's stupid good deed involved my driving out to Carol Stream to pick up another foster dog – I had wanted to take a break for a while to perhaps get my life in order, but of course got suckered into picking up Frosty, the blind albino dog who may bark a lot and seemingly is not great with other dogs. As I’m heading back into the city with Frosty in tow, a rogue rock/cement truck loses a rock, which of course goes flying back with great force to land on my windshield, cracking it, leaving a nice hole, right at eye level on the driver’s side. After I get over the shock, I trail the truck to try to get the license plate number, but there's a rope or something hanging over it so it's tough to read. So I go around to the front, and imagine that, he's got a totally different number on the front license plate. As I'm looking at the truck to see if there's one of those "how's my crappy driving? call blah blah" stickers, the asshole gets off at the next exit - which doesn't really matter since there was no trucking company name, no nothing on the truck. I guess I could have followed him and sicced the blind dog on him, but that might not have worked out too well.

I think I’m getting some kind of message here, but unless it’s “do no more good deeds,” I’m not sure what it is. Anyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hot!