file:///C:/Users/Tasha.Huebner/Desktop/google96fe44e4b6d98b3e.html

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Beer, bacon and boobs

I haven’t posted anything specific about this week’s raffle here because, well, basically....I don’t know. I suppose I wanted to keep my blog focused on what it’s known for – i.e. serious training tips, all the time. Injecting something about the “real world” – the world that includes tons of medical bills and more surgeries and asshat insurance companies – it seemed too distracting. Because again, I’m known for my ability to stay on topic and I didn’t want anything to take away from that.

But, since people have asked about the raffle and what that’s all about, it’s this: Team in Bacon is having an event THIS Tuesday here in Chicago, with a bacon cook-off, beer, and a raffle, whereby we’ll be raffling off entries that have been donated by the very generous race directors for the following races:

2 North Shore 1/2 Marathon (13.1 Miles) June 14, 2009

2 BigFoot Triathlon (Sprint/Oly) June 28, 2009

2 Bangs Lake Triathlon (tri/du/aqua) August 9, 2009

2 Bucktown 5k run October 4, 2009

2 Hot Chocolate 15k run (15k or 5k) November 1, 2009

3 TriShark Triathlon (Sprint) June 6, 2009

3 Evergreen Lake Triathlon (Sprint/Oly) July 18, 2009

2 Dairyland Dare Bike (100K 200K or 300K) August 15, 2009
2 Raffles for out-of-towners:
- pair of Newtons
- bag o’cool stuff from Ericka at Tribabe.com

Raffle tickets are $10 each, and I think the odds are still pretty good, so if you’re interested in getting in, just use the link below and specify which raffle(s) you’re interested in. And if you’re in Chicago, stop on by the par-tay! There will be much bacon (I myself am bringing a recipe from the bacon goddess herself, Paula Deen) and beer on hand, and really, if that doesn’t scream “party time!” then I don’t know what does. Oh, and some folks have pegged this event as the “Raffle for Tasha’s Boobs!” – which come to think of it, is pretty accurate. So there you have it.







Edited to add: Deirdre has pointed out in her usual helpful Canadian way that the money and surgery will actually be for my NEW boobs, to fix what they so callously took away. Yep, not just for the ol' garden-variety boobage, no sirree. We're talking the RACK. So maybe we should just refer to this as the "Raffle for the New Rack!"? Just a thought......

1 comment:

D said...

It's for Tasha's NEW boobs. "New" is the key here ;)