file:///C:/Users/Tasha.Huebner/Desktop/google96fe44e4b6d98b3e.html

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Falling Slowly

A note to my reader(s): if I should suddenly disappear while attempting to do the Triple-T in southern Ohio at the end of May, please direct the authorities to look in all nearby ditches and cornfields. I will probably be there with legs approximating cinder blocks, still clipped into my bike. I’d check the 15% grade hills first. 15%????? What kind of jackass designs a course with those kinds of hills? Oh yeah, the same jackass who gets a bunch of us idiots to pay good money to ride them. Duh.

My friend Laura was looking at my blog earlier and when she saw the course profile picture, inquired : “What is this, a picture of the parting of the Red Sea? Where’s Moses?” I will try to Photoshop that in, to make it true to life. In the meantime, I think I need to get a few more climbing gears onto Sálome. Anyone have a quintuple-chainring they want to sell?

I would also like to share a haiku I composed while going up one of the 6,000 10%+ grade hills on that course last night:

Triple-T torture
Oh I hate your crazy hills
Make them go away.



I believe that says it all. Sigh.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

I have been assured by Nancy that there are actually no 15% grade hills. Something about the DOT only allowing 10% or something. But I am not sure I trust her judgement as she has been known to run 150 miles across the Gobi.