file:///C:/Users/Tasha.Huebner/Desktop/google96fe44e4b6d98b3e.html

Monday, March 10, 2008

Twins, separated at birth?


On Friday night, the Blackhawks finally had a ceremony to honor the achievements of former Hawks greats Stan Mikita and Bobby Hull, after many years of abject shunning. The fans packed the stadium and cheered wildly, though as a measure of just how low the bar has been set by Hawks fans, the fact that home games are now on that newfangled square box called a television (probably just a fad) got a lot of applause as well.

So before the game and ceremony, some sports guy was interviewing Mikita, who was offering up wonderfully smartass comments that the young whippersnapper didn’t seem to know how to handle. Someone who can be witty without a teleprompter or notes? I know, I thought the same thing: what IS this world coming to?

But it was when the interviewer asked Stan what he was looking forward to most about the ceremony that I realized there was some kind of connection between me and Stan, as this was his response : “I’m just looking forward to not making an ass out of myself.” Need I say more? I think the pictures also tell the tale.

Stan













Tasha














Indeed, the similarities are startling. Who knew?

No comments: