file:///C:/Users/Tasha.Huebner/Desktop/google96fe44e4b6d98b3e.html

Monday, May 3, 2010

My new enemy = the IRS


Well, that was a briefly happy relationship. I get the mail today and see that there’s a letter from the IRS – and as opposed to the usual scenario, I only have mild heart palpitations, secure in the knowledge that I have “a guy” (even though she’s a woman) working with me to sort out the IRS madness. So what could this be?

I will note that I had sent in my 2009 tax returns early (okay, by 2 days), and yippee, was due to get a refund! This is what happens when you don’t make much money – they give you some of it back, theoretically. So I’ve been eagerly awaiting my refund. Waiting, waiting. Then this letter.

Which informs me that they are “taking a closer look” at my return. What. The. Fuck. MY return warrants a closer look??? Me?? Not the guys making their billions on Wall Street, or of course not the Republican candidate for IL governor, who released his returns last week. Well, he didn’t exactly release them per se – he let reporters look at a copy for a few minutes – but that was enough for them to see that he paid nothing in taxes in 2008 and 2009 – and in 2009, had gross income of $120K or so. Yet still paid nada in taxes.

But they’re going after me. Again. Well. You can’t get blood from a turnip, folks. And this probably goes without saying, but……IRS, we are no longer friends.

No comments: