file:///C:/Users/Tasha.Huebner/Desktop/google96fe44e4b6d98b3e.html

Friday, October 1, 2010

All hail Pinktober!




Now, I know there are some folks out there who hate the month of October, though I’m hard-pressed to figure out why. I guess maybe it has something to do with the cloying, unrelenting pinkishness that surrounds you at every turn? Hmm, weird.


Me, on the other hand, I say, what’s not to like? As most awesome CancerChick friend Cori said last night, “Hey, this is OUR month, so stand back, suckers!”


Or at least I’m pretty sure she said something almost exactly like that.


It’s true though – this month is All About Us, the breast cancered. The busty CancerBabes. Yep, that’s us, and we’re taking no prisoners (I have no idea what that means, but it sounded good). Plus, in October I base my entire diet around the pinkishness foods. After all, I figure that they must all be inherently cancer fighting – otherwise why would they slap a pink ribbon on them and proudly proclaim them to be “For The Cure”? I mean, duh!


AND, speaking of a month that’s All About Us, how cool was it last year when I discovered the coveted pink parking spots at the Huntley Outlet Mall, right by where my mom lives? Score! This year I plan on going on a really busy day, like your typical Saturday, and parking there so that I can sashay right into the mall, ahead of all the plebeians circling around looking for a parking spot. Now really, if that isn’t worth getting cancer for, then what is?


Right now I’m off to the store, to see what kind of foods I’ll be eating for the next month, and if there are any other awesomely pink items that proclaim “Hey, buy this wine kit even though drinking alcohol is one of the WORST things you can do related to breast cancer recurrence, and we’ll even donate 2 cents To The Cure!” That just makes me feel so…..special.


I will report back.

1 comment:

Lieutenant Ilia said...

Pink Ribbon Shop is a treasure trove of pink ridiculousness.

"They're cute and unique!" Uh, what? If they were so unique, they'd measure .073 of 1 teaspoon and .0008 of a tablespoon.
http://www.pinkribbonshop.com/breast-cancer-awareness-measuring-spoons-set-of-4.aspx

I'm going straight to Hell for laughing at this one because the "angel" strongly resembles a chicken: http://www.pinkribbonshop.com/pink-ribbon-angel-pin.aspx

Now you can really go "balls out" for the cure. Or just put them in your purse so your husband remains a eunuch. http://www.pinkribbonshop.com/pink-ribbon-hope-golf-balls-wilson-neon-pink-box-of-6.aspx