file:///C:/Users/Tasha.Huebner/Desktop/google96fe44e4b6d98b3e.html

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Feats of Strength

Wednesday

Trying to bring it down a few notches today – when I added the powernap and lengthy conversations about my workouts yesterday to my tally, I was over the required 6 hours. Clearly, it wouldn’t do to overtrain this early in the season.

So, after my healthy breakfast of oatmeal (well, and pancakes/bacon, but that hardly counts), I figured I’d sit at the computer for a while and respond to all the fan mail that comes in here on a daily basis. Or will. One of these days (fingers tapping). In the meantime, I have an email from Deanna: “I haven’t checked the blog yet, but I don’t think eating cliff shots for 6 hours a day counts as training.” Hmph. As I coolly inform her, clearly she is just jealous because her plan isn’t as ambitious, bold and cutting-edge as mine. I’ll leave the LSB (long, slow, boring) workouts to the “little people,” while I alone blaze a path to true triathlon greatness. I’m sure Ron Popeil had his naysers too, and look at him now: king of his infomercial fiefdom. Need I say more?

(later)

Took my mom to see Wicked tonight. Good lord, all that singing and dancing! Internalizing the intricacies of the footwork while sitting up perfectly straight and thus getting my core training in.......well, it’s the type of thing suitable only for a trained professional such as myself, so I don’t suggest you try this at home. I go to bed totally exhausted.

Total workout time: 4:10


Thursday

Today, I tackle a difficult question from my fan:

Gregory: Do you think at some point you’ll do a series highlighting your prep for IM Wisconsin?

Now, at first I was a bit puzzled. After all, if all of this isn’t IMOO prep, well then, I’m in serious trouble. But then I realized that what Gregory really wants to know is if/when I’ll start writing about my usual epic tales of adventure: biking across WI with just Slim Jims and Infinit; tossing my bike into a cornfield in IL, dodging turkey vultures in MO, trying to avoid death at my brother’s hands in CA. And so on. Never a dull moment.......well, except for now. Because you see, Gregory and other(s), training in Chicago in the dead of winter tends to be a bit.........boring, shall we say. Rides on the trainer, laps in the pool, running on the treadmill. Though I am diligent about reporting on any interesting incidents that come to light, these pale in comparison to the fun that is spring/summer training for Miss Tasha. So I ask of you, patience, young grasshopper. Patience.

5 comments:

Chuck said...

this blog just ain't the same without me. meaning ... it's perhaps better. In the words of Rick Blaine, we'll always have Paris ... err, Alcatraz.

Tasha the Triathlon Goddess said...

LOL, you're right, our old blog did have a certain je ne sais quoi (that's French for "lots of crazy people posting random shit"). Sigh, the good ol' days. Here's lookin' at you, kid.....

Angela said...

I am very proud of your diligence and commitment, to bacon, nice work girl!

Angela said...

Solid work on the bacon, I am very, very proud of your commitment. :0

Colleen said...

I may be wrong, but "laps in the pool" implies that you've actually been in the water. Just saying . . .